HP COMPAQ NC6320 LAPTOP, crashing

overkill402

Beta member
I have this pretty old laptop my buddy wants me to fix, it is his girlfriends and it holds sentimental value :annoyed:. I have never went to school for any of this so bare with me.

When it reaches the windows loading screen (She put windows 7 on it a while ago and this DID NOT start happening until sometime after) it comes up with the boot animation then it goes no further. And the blue screen happens so fast i cannot see it.

These are some things i did trying to diagnose the problem.

1. i thought it was the windows so i put a different hard-drive with a fresh copy of windows on it. Same issue again ran hard-drive test to be sure.

2. replaced her 1 GB stick of ram with a 2 thinking maybe it could be a bad ram. Still nothing ran ram test to be sure

3. Ran windows start up repair and it said it could not repair the problem that is preventing windows from starting.

4. Put bios back to default settings thinking maybe something had been played with in the bios.

I am at a loss but I am pretty sure it is a hard ware related issue I just wish I could pinpoint it that is all.

Any thoughts, besides throw it away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom