!!Help!! System crash 300gb HDD Needs to be reset!

Status
Not open for further replies.

takezo3001

Baseband Member
I did a idiotic defrag on my system, and when it was done My computer would'nt start, and I recieved this haunting message:

"\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEMced"

Well, I just copied the necessary files through the repair console, and got it up-and-running....

Except for my 300gb HDD!

On my last system setup I had to do a format for that drive so it could be properly introduced into the system's profile.

I'm stuck with this...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My only back-up solution would to do ANOTHER format, and try to recover the 200+gb woth of data left on that drive!

My only relief is that nothing has been written on that drive...My system:

AMD XP 1900
1GB RAM
128 MB ATI AGP
3 DRIVES: 2X MAXTOR 120GB-300GB 1 WESTERN DIG 30 GB

WD C DRIVE DUAL OS WIN 98/WIN 2K PRO 4SP
WIN 2KPRO 128 GB-300GB PURE STORAGE!

nice labels :D , so your saying that the 2nd partition of your 300gb hd was somehow deleted?

2 things you can do

1) use partition recovery software to recover the partition with all of its data,
i recommend active partition recovery/acronis disk director suite/paragon partition manager

2) use data recovery software,
i recommend easyrecovery pro/r-studio/file scavenger

jeremy said:
nice labels :D , so your saying that the 2nd partition of your 300gb hd was somehow deleted?

2 things you can do

1) use partition recovery software to recover the partition with all of its data,
i recommend active partition recovery/acronis disk director suite/paragon partition manager

2) use data recovery software,
i recommend easyrecovery pro/r-studio/file scavenger

If by labels you mean my custom windo GUI colours...Then thanks! ;) :D It was the FIRST thing I did when I got my first "Rig" back in '01!

P3 500mhz Dell @ $400<---That's ALL I'm sayin'...I'm triing to forget that one ;)

To answer your other suggestion..

{And a sound one at that! ;) }

Not exactly, When I originally got my 300gb HDD my Win2k pro SP4 didn't recognise it {The capacity, not the Hardware/Drivers}So I had to go into Admin tools>Computer mangnt.>DiskMangmt, and format the drive in order to for the system to properly recognise the new HDD.

Until recently, when I did a {Idiotic} Defrag without a sound scan!

When the defrag was done, I restarted to the error mentioned above.

No matter, a simple system file copy later My system was back to normal, but in doing the repairs, I had to use the default files from the install disk which not only set the video, and various drivers to thier default settings,but also my bleedin' HDD settings as well!

As you can see, my HDD's capacity is still there, but I cannot get to it unless I either 1) Do another format. Or 2)wait until I can purchase another Mobo/Cpu that supports a 300 gb HDD.....Unless, there's another way to get into the bloody thing!

As you can see by my GUI I detest default settings! ;) :D

Thanks again, I just wish you could lend me some of your grey matter as well! ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom