HELP emachines ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent 99

Beta member
:confused: :freak: Please help me.. os wind xp.. while on computer, all of the sudden screen goes black except small box that says sleep mode and then all black again. The main screen with 'emachines' name comes up and that is it. stuck there.. cant get out of that . and computer does still have power on.. only way to get back into my computer is to connect this travel drive (512mb) into my usb port , that is the only way i can use my computer now.. other wise it will come up but then will go to ' sleep mode' do you know why and how to fix? thanks hope this even makes sense to someone.. ; )

Try reviewing the manual for the system as far as settings in the bios for power to make sure that is set for user defined there. Most likely you have to go into the power options and set everything to never like display, hard drives by default are set to 20min. and hibernation is eveidently enabled. The two ways to get at those settings are through the control panel or right clicking on the desktop.

For the fast and easy simply right click on the desktop and click on properties to bring up a new screen there. Select the screen saver tab and then to the bottom half of that screen for the power options button. The next screen will bring up the power settings. Set these all to never there and that should prevent this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom