Hard drive help fast please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
i have a few hard drives that don't work cause they make clicking noise but the backup files are there just can't put an operating system on it.

My friend told me to google hard drive freezer and i did and it says put the hard drive in a zip lock bag and in a freezer for 24 hours and the hard drive will then be fixed and i was wondering if that is right?

So does this mean that you will just use them normally? And not back up information.. Noone said you should throw them out. Its just unlikely. I Would not hold my breathe.

my one holds info just not operating systems cause i reformat and restart and then no operating system detected. If i put data on the hard drive it reads it fine. So i am using an 80gb hard drive and the one that won't keep the operating system is a 300gb hard drive.

Ok took a while for the hard drive to get to room temperature about 5 hours but it works. Before the computer only read it in bios but now it works great.

Remember if you do this put the hard drive in a zip lock bag or a bag that closes. I used a bag that you pinched closed and it worked great.

Back the information often, I would not rely on the drive, even if its working now, if its clicked and made such similar sounds in the past than its a good bet it will again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom