graphics card issues, please help. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy graphics card issues, please help.

i bought a new graphics card and when i plug it in and run my computer my entire computer freeze at the blue start up screen where i log in. I've tried a new monitor, did not work, I've tried uninstalling my integrated graphics card, always poped back up when i signed in again, quite annoying, I've tried drivers and it seems to be updated fine. My device manager does not say the card is plugged in when i sign in in safe mode (which is the only mode that lets this card run without crashes at log in). I've looked everywhere on the web and i can't seem to find it. Please i would really appreciate help I've been looking forward to this graphics card since Christmas and this is really bringing me down,i've gone into Bios and that didn't seem to work because it was faded out and did not let me select the integrated graphics card. thank you.

information you may need:

graphics card that is being a pain in the neck: - SAPPHIRE 100323L Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

integrated graphics card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE graphics

my computer information:
windows 7 64bit
AMD athlon II X2 220 dual-core processor
DVD-Super multi drive
500gb hard drive
4gb DDr3 memory
Multi-in-one media card reader

Old 01-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: graphics card issues, please help.

If you are running the stock PSU that came with your Emachine, you do not have enough power. You probably have a 300W or less.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 01-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

This should be plenty for his emachine: - Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Could you please give me your system model name of your emachine ?
Want to be sure that everything in it can handle the psu and graphics card.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

Hello, I reviewed the case specs and such, you should have enough room to do what you need even with psu I suggested.
If you plan on using this computer for gaming, beware that this cpu is abit weak for that.

If you want to later on during the year, sweep up a Athlon II quadcore or a phenom II x4 940 and up.

Good Luck.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

thanks but, its still freezes at the window screen, and all emachines did was take me to another place that disconnect on me instead of helping -.- but, now that i know its not my computer, thats a great start so thanks for the help

Closed Thread