gpu overheating help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron844

Beta member
My girlfriend just bought a hp desk top less then a year ago and just recently she keeps getting lag spikes when she is playing WOW, aion and Ragnarok. me and my room mate up dated her graphics drivers and that fixed the problem for a little bit. we started to run Speedfan and it says her GPU is 106c and her temp 1 is 50c all of her fans are working. her graphics card however is integrated with her mother board (so says my room mate) i took the cover off and sprayed some of the condensed air inside to blow the dust out but it didnt really help.

so i put this in your guys hands

can anyone help me?

Welcome to TF!

What is her full computer specs? CPU, GFX, RAM, HDD space, OS, etc.

How is the airflow in the case? If there's just one fan, that's your problem.

cpu: AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-core Processor 2.20 GHz
gfx:9100 nvidia gt
ram: 6.00 gb
hdd space: 582gb

all 3 fans have good air flow also

a card such as the 9100gt is likely to be integrated into the main board. I've never known an integrated chip to overheat that badly or at all. A GPU would have protection methods inside preventing it from going over about 95C.
It's possible that the GPU's sensor is sending incorrect data. A temperature of 50C in other areas isn't unheard of.

That's strange, onboard cards could not overheat. I bet sensor delivers wrong data or Speedfan does not recognize the sensor and counts wronmg data. I would search for other reason then overheating.
Did you tried provide more memory for graphic card in BIOS? It should use normal memory and in BIOS you can allocate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom