Dead PC. Hopes of ressurecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhkenji

Solid State Member
3 months ago, my pc died.

the story was: I was trying to install a 250GB Hard drive but the system wont recognize this. A Few reboots later.. the bios wont show up at all. I think i fried my pc with a static finger. BLANK SCREEN, NO BEEPS, NO DISPLAY

3 months later, i have a brand new pc

i want to ressurect my old pc so i can turn it into a server.
i was advised to try resetting my CMOS, so i did. when i did that.. i heared 2 beeps from the cpu when i try starting it (better than 3 months ago, i had nothing). so i think that my motherboard or cpu is not fried at all. i tried removing the two ram, switching both rams to test if there is something wrong with the two. nothing happened. i tried it with my hard drive (old harddrive) nothing happened. i havent tested my video card though.. but what do you guys think about it?

im thinking of getting a POST diagnostic card to find out whats wrong.

any advise? do you think getting a post diagnostic card is worth the time/money/effort? or do i have a chance to ressurect this junk at all?

what motherboard are you using?

Try resetting the CMOS again making sure all charge is disapated, e.g. take battery out for 30mins or so.

Have a good look and make sure nothing is shorting out e.g. motherboard touching case back.

Remove all devices e.g. HDDs and CDroms, NICs, sound cards etc then try to load bios. If ok then add components in one at a time and retry.

ECS K7S5A Mobo with Duron processor...

i might buy a new motherboard (same ones) and a video card. its just for a server use anyway... i havent done anything since last night... i'll go try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom