Control pins not marked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Savage

Beta member
~ So here I am, changing out the floppy drive on beaten up, but solid machine ... I also intend to upgrade the RAM, among other improvements (ambitious project just getting speed). I pull the memory stick to get the info and the pwr sw, HDD LED, etc. pull off the pins. I've been working with another board I intend to network to this one, and all the pins are clearly marked, so I don't think a whole lot about it. ~
~ As I get ready to close the box up, I'm looking to get all hooked up ... there are absolutely no markings on the pins. Both boards are Intel, this one being "Desktop Board D845BG." I downloaded the manual from Intel's site, but no mention of that specific detail. Also, Intel no longer supports the board at all so no help there. ~
~ I know that there's something really obvious (hello!) I'm missing here due to lack of experience ... there HAS to be. I'd sincerely appreciate any help; I'm one of those who love meeting people who know what I don't. ~
~ I'll be posting lots here. This was just a "no-brainer" kind of thing, but I'm working with discarded equipment and parts wired together. There are already troubleshooting nightmares, not to mention some upgrades and modifications to make once it really gets breathing.
savage7039@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom