Computer just wont work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrysamere

Baseband Member
ok at this point im ready to kill this computer becuase it wont WORK THAT @@^#%$($%....

3 months ago my pc stopped working suddenly when i was playing wow. i couldnt turn it back on..

everytime its plugged in the lights on the mobo the green led is on. but once i press power u see the fans spin 1/4th of a second and at the same time there is a small faint high pitched noice, like some kinda electrical noice like "PTSS" its very fast, then i keep pressing power and nothing happens. i can repeat the 1/4 spin and noise only if i unplug and replug in the psu. ok i spoke to techs first they told me to replace my psu. i got a brand new 450 watt psu a 150 watt upgrade. this psu is compatible and everything. same story tho. i went to main pc and they told me my mobo needs replacing. so i got a new mobo that is compatible with everything and the new psu also. SAME STORY THO... AGRGHGHG. FINALLY i spoke with you guys and you told me cpu is gone bad.. I BUY a brand new CPU and guess WHAT.. same story i hate this computer now stupid 1/4 spin and pts noise ARGH. i basically rebuilt this comp to a new one and its the same problem i really do not understand.. whats going on!

btw if i unplugg everything and put only psu and mobo without the 12 v connector only the main one. fans start working.. with the 12v in it doesnt work.. please SOMEBODY tell me some wth is up with my system. its dust free i dusted it and everything is set up right wires are 4 times checked. everything is checked 4 times

Sounds as if something is shorting out. but since you replaced the PSU, Mobo, and CPU, then the only other thing besides, re-seating everything is try using only one stick of ram at a time. keep the first slot in and take out any others you have, keep trying until you either run out of ram or it does/does not work.

but if not, then you might want to take every part out, check them all to make sure nothing might possible short out, and replace them, and try again

the ram is fine i tested 6 rams sticks that had worked in the past. 4 of them i had not used on this comp i took from another one they are compatible but yet the comp still does this.. i am with you on the idea that its shorting out somehow but what and where. this is my 20th time replacing everything i cannot find a thing.

!!!!!!! new break through i assembeled everything together and did this. i tried to power it on without 12 v volt in. didnt work. i removed the vid card.. it power on for some reason wtf without the 12 v volt in. then i put the 12 v volt in and vid card still out .. IT POWER ON !!!! WOOOOHOOO. but when i put the vid card back in it short cuircuited with and without the 4 pin molex connector to it.. whats going on. doesnt a comp power on even with a dead card if its dead but it wont display anything right? also the the very metal part where it goes beneath the mobo
like the expansion slots on the pci have it too
where u screw it
that part is bent, could it be cuasing short?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom