Cat5e Wire Crimpling Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkskeleton

Solid State Member
Hey guys, since the clicky thing (for lack of a more technical term) on my cat5e cord broke off I decided to put on a new end.

For some reason, when I put the new cat5e cord back into the router I get the IP adress/gateway/etc on ipconfig but when I try to release/renew it says that I have no something (network?) in a permisible state for this operation. I checked my wiring and it seems to be right.

White w/orange
Solid Orange
White w/green
Blue
White w/Blue
Green
White w/brown
Brown

Is the setup, which was how I wrote down the initial setup after clipping the end of the working one off and it's also how it checks online @ How to Make a Category 5 /5e Patch Cable.

Also in one of my attempts it was odd, I could use Skype (instant messaging) just fine but couldnt do anything else internet related like browsing.

I have no idea what could possibly be wrong, so I'd appreciate it if someone could enlighten me. Could it be that I didn't crimp hard enough?

EDIT: One more thing to ad, when I go to the network connections, it says that I am in fact connected to the network, and it's stable with that.

That doesn't sound like a cable issue. The simple thing would be to try another cable and see if the problems go away. Your wiring is correct.

The pin out is the same on both ends, yes?

I checked this morning, it indeed is.

Also I will go ahead and test using a different cord later to make sure its not that. Although that's going to be a PITA since theres actually 2 different cords, one which im sure is fine, and the other which goes from the room, through the floor down into the main floor where the router is so i'll have to take it down. But enough of my whining already, i'll post (probobly edit this one) as soon as that's done.

EDIT: Sigh, I fail at life... I took the advice to go and check to see if the cord was the issue, and it wasn't at all. Then I realized that a few days ago I reset the router and modem to fix my internet connection, and I had static IP on my computer that had the trouble. So basically, it was an IP problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom