Can't Install Graphic Driver, URGENT HELP! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Can't Install Graphic Driver, URGENT HELP!

Ok Here it goes. Now just to let you know, this computer is only 4 months old, working fine until i reformatted it. Its A P5GC-MX Series Computer. Tsunami brand on the front of the HARD DRIVE? Runs Window XP. (Service Pack 3 now). Anyway, when i got it, it was brand new and working fine, i suddenly got a virus within 2 weeks, so i thought, ''Why not reformatt it since i wont lose anything nothings on here!''. Anyway i did, and after everything was back to normal. So days went pass and i wanted to install a game. But then i got an error saying i dont meet the system requirements? It wasnt just this 1 game, i tried to install many other games, Online, by CD, Old games i used to have. Anyway i have a big ram, memory and i was wondering what it was. So i read up and it said to check your Video Driver. Anyway I dxdiag'd and i noticed i had a VGA Video card. So i went through and got out the Graphics Installation disc from the box that everything came in with the computer. I tried installing the Video Driver but i got a message saying, ''I dont meet system requirements, Setup will now close''? I dont have the requirements to install a video driver?! Now now i uninstalled the VGA Driver that was the default windows one which was hopeless, ran Driver Cleaner in safe mode. Fixed any nvidia problems. Restarted comp and nothing new. Still not installing.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

Default Re: Can't Install Graphic Driver, URGENT HELP!

What is your graphics card? If you know it is an Nvidia, go to here and choose Option 2. It will scan your computer and download the correct driver.

If it is an ATI, go here and choose your OS, the card line, and the model to get the correct driver.

If you don't know what card it is, download this and have it scan your computer to find out.

Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / EVGA GTX 760 2GB
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB / WD Red 3TB
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win7 Ult 64-bit - Func MS3 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 02-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

When you reinstalled windows did you reinstall all your chipset drivers from the motherboard disc? Are you certain you actually have an Nvidia video card, as that motherboard is an "all-in-one" board that has integrated Intel graphics.

I'm guessing you don't have an Nvidia card as the Nvidia setup said you don't meet the requirements, i.e an Nvidia card.
Visit my website -
"Guitar is cool. If you don’t think the guitar is cool, then you’re stupid. And I will fight you! " - Brendon Small
I'm sorry but I do not accept support requests via IM, email, or personal messages
You can contact me for Forum related issues via PM only.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Umm.. ok problem fixed.

I have an ATI Card

I researched and someone did not have the right driver to play a game. So strangely enough, i downloaded the same driver that was suggested to that person and it worked for me. Im not sure if this is bad, unless maybe i was lucky enough to find the exact driver for my computer?

Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM

That was the link. Im not sure if im doing something wrong downloading this but it does work. And windows has detected it

So, Please inform me if this is a bad idea and ill uninstall it.
Closed Thread