Booting issues - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Booting issues

Ok so I just got done building my rig about a month ago, it works great when its boot up, however to boot it up I have to turn it on when its off, then hit the reset and then it boots, other wise everything turns on, but I don't get a signal to my monitor, however once I reboot my mobo's name shows up tells me my cores and nb temp and boots everything up. I thought maybe I didn't install my bios or something, I can't find a cd with my mobos name on it so I went to their website and downloaded the bios, I turned it off, gave it like 2 seconds, and turned it back on and I thought I fixed it, well the next day I'm having the same issues, so I decide to download my drivers encase I didn't do that either, I get most of them installed *I'm downloading the rest, the audio and graphics cause my internet is taking forever, like 1.5kps a sec* but now I have to hit the reset twice sometimes to get it too boot and I'm at a loss to figure out what to do now. Like I said works great once I get it booted up but I have to hit the reset and I'm getting tired of the windows wasn't shut down properly screen. Any help is appreciated. If you need my computer specs, all if should be in my first ever post.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to philbar71
Default Re: Booting issues

hmm, it's not going through the post sequence, is that what you are saying? check to make sure the CPU and ram are all running at stock speeds and voltages. what are your system specs?

The only thing ATi can render faster than nVidia is the BSOD

SLI ON INTEL P45: http://www.techist.com/pc/f76/sli-intel-chipset-219886/

<<< i like rep :D
Old 02-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

let me see I got this right. When the compuer off to start the computer you have to push the rest buttom. Did you double check your wiring?
Old 02-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I'll post my specs when I get home, but when the computer is off, when I turn it on, lights turn on, disc spend, my keyboard lights kick on, I can see my wifi adapter light blinking, but no signal to my monitor, once I hit the reboot my mobo tells me its name and my temps, then boots vista.

And my mobo automatically OC's my cpu bumped it up by .3 ghz automatically I think.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to philbar71

try setting that back to stock speeds. it could be the auto overclocking.

The only thing ATi can render faster than nVidia is the BSOD

SLI ON INTEL P45: http://www.techist.com/pc/f76/sli-intel-chipset-219886/

<<< i like rep :D
Closed Thread