Apevia X-Plorer Black/Black Front Panel Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

NevoraskiA

In Runtime
My fan controller and 4 led lights on the front of my Apevia X-plorer Black/Black Case are not working. I have gone through the online user manual so don't post that. The power and reset buttons work fine... not issues with those.

There is 1 4 pin power cable for the fan controller which is plugged in (i'm not using the fan controller, just want it to light up... I have a better fan controller installed)... not too worried about this issue, because I've had it work then stop then work before and now it seems to not be working again... it's a piece of junk... if I could get it to at least light up blue again though it would be nice. The temperature probe, 3 pin cord, and 4 pin I believe it's the female which goes to the fan are not plugged in, because I don't need them.

I have the green/white cables for the power and reset hooked up and they work.

There is a big white cable that has the wires in it for the HDD and +LED and -LED in it... I have those hooked up in the right area and have tried every possible way and position of plugging them in in the LED place on the mobo. Right now they are hooked up the way that i'm almost 100% possitive they should be hooked up.

There is a 2 prong cable that says CSA on it... I have no idea what this is or what it's for or where it goes... it looks like it has something to do with the 4 LED lights.

Is the front panel of my case screwed up somehow or am I just missing something here? Can't tell why this isn't working.

It was all working fine and dandy until my brother installed new case fans, my new cpu fan, and zip tied and hid all the wires from view.

I'm kind of wondering if some connection came loose on the front panel, but I have checked the ones that I can see where they plug in and nothings loose and the 1's i can't see I jiggled to see if it would do anything, but it didn't.

Make sure your wires are not reversed,
Make sure the red is on left and the white is the right hand side of it, usually thats tricky but easy to figure out.
If that still doesn't work out and the led is off but not the fan part, the lights may have died recently.
Give the manufacturer a call if thats the problem and they will mail you a a new part, with proof of purchase.

no the + and - are in the right spot... I looked at the mobo manual picture and on the board itself (which lists it also)... and they r in the correct area... I've tried reversing them before too. It just doesn't work :-/. The fan controller isn't powering on and it only has to be hooked up to a 4 pin connector from the power supply for it to work... which it is... and still not working... something is screwy.

What kind of PSU do you have and how much volts do have ?
I'll be honest with you, anything under 439 watts that is powering 2 hdd's, dvd drive, cpu, and video card along with external case led fans...
Your asking for problems, mostly I've seen that happen with my xclio and aercool once,
Try only using one case led lights and one normal fan and see what happens...
I have a feeling the case does not have enough power from your power supply to power on everything.

Thats just my thoughts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom