where to buy: online or in a store??? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: where to buy: online or in a store???

Originally Posted by jfenwick View Post
I've RMA'd a number of items over the past two years to ncix.com as well as my local store. The online store cost me $12 of shipping, mailed and forgotten until the new part came in which they covered postage on the return. The local place I drove to (20min) waited in line for service (30min), drove home (20min), drove back two days later (20min) waited in line (30min) and drove home (20min) with my new part. Total time = over 2h, my old consulting fee was $60/h minimum so the $12 postage was was well worth my time.

Just my 2 cents: Check some customer support feedback on both these places, my local places are horrible, I only buy from ncix.com now and on occasion the canadian newegg.ca site as well as they have good customer support as well. That makes it or breaks it for me, i'll pay an extra few bucks to know there will be no hassles and I can talk to a real human when i call.
Thanks, man !

Yes, what you're saying makes a lot of sense.
In a case like that I'd even prefer paying for shipping both ways to going to the store a few times, waiting, and coming back, etc.

Closed Thread