What Is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
complf3.jpg

I was watching Numb3rs and these people were supposedly hacking into some government site. They showed a closeup of the guys computer, and this is it. Looks like... IDE/SATA/SCSI hard drive hot-swap trays? Im not sure. What are they, and why would he be using them on a hacking computer? Nice case too. Anyone know what kind?

I was watching the video at 1024x768 (video card is on RMA, using a mach64 2mb PCI card for now) so the quality is the best I can do. I figured hotswap bays but I dont know why youd need so many.

Yeah, those are removable drive bays. If I had a setup like that I'd be using it for a raid array and/or a server of some sort.

Its hawt. Ive always wanted to set up a server like that, and serve my stuff, but my internet connection doesnt allow for it. However, thats exactly how I planned my server: hotswap bays in the front, all the bays filled with drives, etc. Anyone know what kind of case that is, and the type of hotswap bays? Its pretty much exactly what I want, and itll come in handy in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom