Upgrading Mobo and Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
Im about to upgrade my motherboard and graphics card i have about $300 to spend on upgrading. I need help choosing my mobo and graphics card i like to play alot of first person shooters like Doom 3, Far Cry, Counter Strike, Americas Army.....etc. I need a decent priced graphics card that i can play mainly any first person shooter with out lag. Thanks

Xg Sidewinder Case, Intel Pentium 4 2.66ghz, Ecs RC410/800, 512 ram, WD 80G the reason why im upgrading is cause the motherboard that i bought has a built in graphics card and its not to great.

Since you're gaming, you really need more ram....at least another 512mb. On your current motherboard, do you have a PCI-e slot or AGP slot?

EDIT: Nevermind I just looked it up, you have a PCI-e slot. So you do not need to get another motherboard. You can just get more ram and a gfx card. For the graphics you could get a 7600GT.

I have a pci slot the memory is ddr2 and i did plan on buying atleast another 512mb of ram

You don't need another motherboard, because your current has a PCI-e slot which that 7600GT can go into. Just put in the 7600GT, disable the onboard, and install the latest drivers for the 7600GT.

Ok thanks for explaining that now that other graphics card that i posted above was it not PCI-e slot by the way does that e stand for express?

Did you put that gfx card you bought into the orange slot or white slot? The orange slot is the PCI-e slot. The white are the PCI slots.

EDIT: Yes the e stands for express.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom