Step up or not? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-21-2008, 04:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 84
Default Re: Step up or not?

think it'll sell tho? the GX2? lets say you pay 250 to step up, and if you can sell for at least 600 or something, you can use the 600 and grab 2 gts for 200 each or so, and keep the rest.
i mean, if it sells, heck, even for retail price, its better than nothing no?
whats tehre to lose except time
__________________

kur0suto is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 05:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru
 
aspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United States
Posts: 5,308
Default Re: Step up or not?

You wont be able to sell for 600 seeing as thats the going price anywhere.

EDIT: JK after looking at ebay... You should be able to sell for 650 shipped without too much trouble.
__________________

__________________
If I help you with something, you think I'm the bomb, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the star under my post.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
aspire is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
veedubfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,979
Default Re: Step up or not?

Step it up. If you paid 350 for it, its only worth about 200 now. The prices of the GTS512 TANKED after launch, but the GX2 should in theory hold their value better than the gts512 did. I just got my email saying they're ready for me to submit my payment to stepup my GTSes...wheee!
__________________
Nothing to see here.
veedubfreak is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
Drizzt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Somewhere inbetween FL and NY
Posts: 3,187
Send a message via AIM to Drizzt
Default Re: Step up or not?

Oh so you did make it veedub?! Congratz, i thought you ran out of time already.
__________________
CPU:Q6600 G0 @ 3.7Ghz (410x9 w/1.475v)
Motherboard:Asus P5E X38
Memory:2x2GB OCZ Reapers DDR2 1066
Graphics Card:GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000
Hard Drive:2x WD Black 1TB
Power Supply:Xion 800W
Case:3DAurora
CPU cooling: H50
GPU cooling: Best Stock Cooling I Have Ever Had
Monitor:24" LG
Drizzt is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 482
Default Re: Step up or not?

i just submitted my step up request this morning, already looking at 24-26" 1920x1200 monitors. Cant wait to play crysis maxed out
__________________

__________________

Sig by Nosboost300
Prophet is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to behave on an internet forum Giles Forum Admin, Announcements & Feedback 9 02-28-2008 08:34 PM
Osiris' 4 Step Spyware Removal Guide (old) Osiris Viruses, Spyware and Malware 89 12-26-2007 06:37 PM
Question about my videocard dilemma... Evga step up program.. andrewsvalesen New Systems | Building and Buying 0 12-22-2007 12:43 PM
Youch! Europe+EVGA Step Up = NO GO! Andyf New Systems | Building and Buying 2 12-13-2007 01:48 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.