Researching for new laptop. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thumbs up Researching for new laptop.

I'd like to purchase a new laptop sometime in the next several months. Currently working on my own desktop build for home, so the new laptop will be for basics plus maybe a little bit of minor photo editing in Lightroom, no Photoshop, and possibly for learning to code a little bit down the line. I'm looking for something really thin an portable, around 13-14" screen.
I have been comparing lots of different ultrabook PC's from various brands. I'm a big fan of Lenovo and Asus (currently own an Asus n56vj-dh71), but I'm not opposed to owning a Macbook Air either. I'm comfortable using both OS's.
I should also mention that I'm studying for the A+, Network+, and Security+ exams... not really sure what all this will require as I get deeper into it. Eventually looking at working in Information Security in some aspect.
Just starting to gather information and opinions as I haven't looked at purchasing new hardware in quite some time (at least 5 years).
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
theHomelessJedi is offline   Reply With Quote