random shut downs with computer build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure your friend didn't give you tooth paste or something? :p

Whats the max your cpu fan can spin? Anyways, it should definitely be spinning faster than that at that temperature..

Anyways i'm stumped, hopefully someone else will be able to give you better advice.

Good Luck.

Well actually I wouldn't put the toothpaste or something similar past him lol. What happens when thermal paste isn't used?

And I even hotwired an industrial box fan and set it over the motherboard at it's highest setting and it didn't even make a difference at all. Can someone please help me get this fixed before I start using this computer for target practice with my 1911a1?

Actually watching it today it hit 84 celsius and was spinning around 1500 rpms give or take before it shut down. I don't have a clue as to what the max rpms are honestly I've had this processor and heatsink/fan combo forever now lol

UPDATE!!!!

Ok so I removed that old so called thermal paste and bought some "Arctic Silver Ceramique" and booted it up. It idled for about an hour staying around 140 Farenheit. But the second I decided to play COD4 it powered off not even 5 minutes into it. I booted into the bios and it stated 82 celsius and then before I could leave the bios it powered off again. Is that still to hot or am I now just having issues with the power supply? any input greatly appreciated!

82 celcius is still too hot.

Start a thread in the Hardware Troubleshooting forum and i'm sure you'll get more help.

See if your PSU is getting hot.
I want you to open up your case, run the computer and see if the PSU is getting hot...

It might be that your PSU is running at 100% or above 100% it's max load causing all kinds of heat buildup.
As a 250w PSU from a cheap OEM would not be able to power that system effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom