RAID Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanWhitell

In Runtime
What hard drives can put in raid to get better performance than a single Seagate Barracuda 7200.11. looking for 2 350 GIGS, that would be enough.

You can put just about any drives together for RAID however the best is usually 2 of the same kind so your getting your money's worth.

RAID 0 is what your going to want for performance and you will get 700GB of space with increased read speed however the chance of failure within 3 years is around 12% with RAID 0 so back-up anything important you want if you go RAID 0.

You can put just about any drives together for RAID however the best is usually 2 of the same kind so your getting your money's worth.

RAID 0 is what your going to want for performance and you will get 700GB of space with increased read speed however the chance of failure within 3 years is around 12% with RAID 0 so back-up anything important you want if you go RAID 0.

12% ???

Where did you hear that? So a single hard drive has a 6% chance it will fail over 3 years?? Im sure its not that high.

Raid 0 is good, just get a couple of seagate 7200.10 drives and they will be great.

I think the actual performance increase of RAID0 is questionable. I'm willing to bet you won't notice any performance increase in games, and you'll notice little performance increase with Windows in general.

However, if you're going to get two drives, why not RAID0 them? As someone mentioned, the only risk is double the chance of losing all your data. Might want to backup the important stuff.

RAIDing two 7200.10 drives would be fine, RAIDing two 7200.11 drives would be better.

It's your call! Good luck!

grab 2 250gb seagates and RAID0 them.
With raid there is always a chance that one HD might fail, which results in the loss of all your data. I picked up a 500Gb for storage, which i also use to backup any important files i have.

What you could even do is pick up an external HD, 160Gb's are only like 50$, and stick any files you want to save in there.

that sounds about right...you lose about 7% of storage because computers and manufacturers read a gigabyte differently

yep.. they kinda rip u off.. to them 1000mb = 1gb when 1024 = 1gb.. so they lie..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom