Hey guys. Having almost lost my mind trying to play games on my current celeron piece of garbage i'm thinking very seriously about putting together a new system. I should be able to salvage my ram (2x512mb), monitor, keyboard, mouse, and dvd burner from my current system, and im hoping to spend under $1000AU to put together the rest. BTW the ram isnt the outdated type (recently brought a new cheapo motherboard since the old one died) so it should be fine. Here is a list of the parts and any questions i have regarding them:
- Im a bit lost as to how much cooling i need and how powerful the PSU should be so went with this one since it has fans provided, doesnt look too tragic, and doesnt cost a whole lot. I dont want anything too fancy, but i want something that will look after the stuff inside.
- I've noticed people are now starting to recommend the new intel chips instead of these so any comments are welcome.
- 16 mb cache make any difference? Or the fact that it is SATAII?
- All these things look the same to me. I dont want SLI or onboard video, so what could i be missing out on? BTW, would this MB be alright with the SATAII HD i linked?
- Seems to be a really good value high end card from what ive read. I dont know anything about the quality of the brands that make these things tho so any comments about that would be greatly appreciated. Also if i could get away with only spending about $250 on a video card thatd be great, but how much performance would i be missing out on?
Thanks for looking guys. Any additional comments about the brands ive used or anything being too good for the things theyre attached to would be great.