P5W DH and Raid 0 ? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2006, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default P5W DH and Raid 0 ?

Finally got another P5W board in after the defect and it seems to work just fine.

Need some advice on peeps that have used this board. I have a couple 74G Raptors in and am going to do Raid 0. Seems like from the little bit of reading I did in the manual that hooking up the Raptors to the EZ Raid controllers and changing the jumper from Raid 1 to Raid 0 is what I should do. Enable the EZ Raid option in Bios under advanced and off you go. Well thats what I did and XP Pro did see the full 141808MB. Now my question is this -- Could I have used a different setup because now that I am waiting on my drives to format and install the OS .. I am reading about Intel Matrix ROM util that has another Raid 0 option.

Was this the way to go or should I be using another method with this board?

Old 09-27-2006, 08:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I have that board, been working with it just yesterday (still can't get my stupid IDE 200GB to post, shoulda just went SATA for both drives lol). But yeah, the EZ Raid with those 2 orange cables I believe is all you need to do. I was surprised, the manual is actually very good.

RIG: Core2Duo E6700 | ASUS P5W Deluxe | eVGA 7950GX2 | Corsair XMS2 2GB
WD Raptor 10K RPM 36GB | WD Caviar 200GB | Scythe Ninja | Logitech G15
Aerocool ExtremEngine 3T | OCZ GamerXStream 700W | Viewsonic 19\" VX922
Microsoft Intellimouse Optical Black (old school fo sho!)
Closed Thread