os/2 ware? what is it. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Default os/2 ware? what is it.

umm i'm kinda worried. i have a maxtor 200gb hdd that is partiontied into 2 parts. each is 100gb. i tried to go into one of the partitions of my hdd and it said there was an I/O error. so i rebooted and and this thing popped up during boot up, it was a blue screen that said os/2 ware by ibm. i was worried if i can get files on my hdd back. i shut down my computer then i unplugged the 200gb hdd and i booted up, the os/2 ware thing popped up but it could continue to boot into windows. but when i plug the 200gb hdd in and try to boot the os/2 ware thing pops up but it cannot boot into windows. i'm worried about the data on the hdd. there are lots and lots of pictures and plenty of music. and lots of recorded tv episodes. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

MacBook 2.2GHz Santa Rosa | 120GB HDD | 4GB ram
Intel C2D E6300 @ 3.2GHz | 4GB ram | 880GB total HDD space | Gigabyte P965-DS3 | eVGA 8800GTS 640mb | Corsair HX 520 | Audigy 2 ZS platnium | Antec 900
Closed Thread