New graphics card - $200 Dollar budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your going with a 6800ultra go with a GT but they stopped making all of them so your only bet is probably ebay or something along thos elines

AGP isn't going to last very long and you really should get a new PCI-E motherboard and the new 6800 GS. But if you don't want to wait till you can get PCI-E just get a 6800.

What is the socket that your CPU uses? If you have a CPU that uses the PCI-E motherboards you should just wait till you can get a new mobo and get the 6800GS which is almost as good as the GT and is only 209 bucks but if you don't have one that uses new mobos then you should just get a 6800 or get a new proccessor and mobo then get the GS.

bunnymanboy said:
The GS is only 209 on newegg, on par with 6800gt, seems like an uber deal to me!!!!!!!:D

Its on par with the GT at lower resolutions eg. anythign equal or less than 1024x768. but at higher resolutions the GT pulls ahead, with or without AA.

evga all the way... it cost more but XFX have heating issues.. plus eVGA is the best card imho.

cool, ty. its only $3 more, so ill go for it :).
and does anyone know how newegg's replacement works? incase my evga 6800 is like, faulty? do i send it back to the company with a note saying: eg. fan broken, replacement pls?

you send them an RMA request through email they give you instant RMA number, put all your cables manual etc in the box and the video card :rolleyes: post the RMA number outside of the shipping box send it to them, you have to pay shipping :(, and then they will send it back paying shipping :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom