Hi.. I want to get a new computer, and I want to make sure it will be good for gaming and it will be upgradable.
I don't know a ton about computers, but I know a decent amount. I don't really want to build a computer by myself.. but I definately don't want to get a Dell or anything. I looked into some barebones.. and I would like to find one that will require the least amount of building on my part. I'm hoping I won't have install hard drives and processors and stuff. Extra RAM and vid cards I can deal with.
Anyway I found the pinned topic very helpful, but I was hoping some of you could help me out or give me advice. Here's what I've been looking into, so you can get an idea of what I want.
- 939 Socket..
- AMD Athlon 64 X2-3800+ Dual Core Processor.. (maybe the 3500+ cuz its cheaper.. except is that Dual Core?)
- 2 512 ram sticks
- Chipset: I don't know much about this.. maybe the nvidia nforce4. Is the NVIDIA nForce3 250 GB good?
- 80GB+ hard drive
- Don't really need a monitor, mouse, or keyboard
- Not sure about Power Supply or cooling system.. Just want it to work.
- PCI-express is a MUST. But I'll probably go with an nvidia 6600 or something.. not gonna spend 300 dollars on a card.. but as long as its pci-e it should be ok
Here are some things I've found.. although each seems to be lacking in some area:
-that one has low power supply.. I dunno what that means though.. maybe that's okay? I also don't know if the Nvidia nforce 3 250 gb is good... other than that the system seems pretty good.
Thanks in advance for any help.. As complete a system as possible is best for me
I mainly play COD.. counter strike.. want to start playing aoe3. I don't play hundreds of games.. like 1-4.. So I don't know.. I probably don't need to spend a crap load of money.. but I definately want to be able to upgrade it..