HDCP Video Card

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz
PCI

Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Raid 0

SONY Black 16X IDE DVD-ROM Drive

SAMSUNG 18 X SuperMulti Dual Layer DVD Burner with LightScribe (Black Color)

Have some questions.. If I decide not to OC will I be able to play games like rainbow 6 vegas for example? Is there something that I should change? would my system run at OC speed of 3.5? Please let me know what you would change. I built this system at
http://www.abs.com it came out to 4k so I think I will just build it myself. Should also say this is for gaming. I am torn between quad or dual, so please let me know which one. also should i do 2 8800 GTX cards, or just the one card?
thanks for your time, and help

Just go with the E6600: Itll save money and its still very overclockable. Besides many games are not coded to take advantage of dual core CPU's, much less quad Core ones.
Thats PSU is way overkill.
If you want to spend that much on a PSU Get this one.
OCZ 850 Watt

However, this one Here will be cheaper and itll still power everything fine.
Muskin 550 Watt

Make sure you fill up the case fan slots. Even though you have water cooling you still need flow throughout the case for parts that do not have a block on them. Besides, itll lower temps on everything even further.

Since your getting Three harddrives you might as well do RAID 5 as it is a splice of RAID 0 and 1. Therefore its redundant while if you put them all in RAID 0 they wouldn't be.

I also suggest this RAM instead of the set you selected. Apparently it is among the best for OCing C2D's.
2 GB's Dominator PC2 6400

One 8800 GTX should be enough. But it seems you have no budget so for bragging rights you can sli two of them.

As for the moniter I highly suggest widescren.
Such as this one.
Sceptre 20.1 Widescreen

Depending on how much those DVD Drives are it may be slightly cheaper to look at plextor or optorite ones. They top the quality department.

Also don't use 4GB ram right now, on XP. It will just slow you down. Upgrade to 4GB when, you get vista.

Nice system that is, why do you talk about overclocking something that would kill any game or applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom