motherboards and Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam2562

Beta member
someone mentioned to me that even though my motherboard only supports 800mhz DDR2 memory that i can get the use outta my 1066mhz memory Sticks.. when i bought them i didnt kno my motherboard only supported 800mhz... so is that true that i can get the full 1066 out of them? i am new to overclocking and havent done any.. but was thinking about selling my memory to get a less expensive set at 800mhz that uses SLI since my motherboard has that feature... thanks guys.. im new here too

someone mentioned to me that even though my motherboard only supports 800mhz DDR2 memory that i can get the use outta my 1066mhz memory Sticks.. when i bought them i didnt kno my motherboard only supported 800mhz... so is that true that i can get the full 1066 out of them? i am new to overclocking and havent done any.. but was thinking about selling my memory to get a less expensive set at 800mhz that uses SLI since my motherboard has that feature... thanks guys.. im new here too

Your ram once it goes into your motherboard without an overclock will be instantly downclocked to DDR2-533 until you raise the FSB via overclocking. To overclock the **** out of an E6600 you only need DDR2-800 ram....well Ballistix are DDR2-800 and they can handle any overclocks out there right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom