Thanks for the advice, just need a bit more of advice and I should be set!
I ordered mostly everything today. I already have my intel d45psn motherboard, and intel pentium D 820 proccessor. To add to the build I bought the following, please tell me if these are good choices and is the power supply enough for a geforce 7800 GTX down the road?
- NZXT Lexa no power supply - 129.99
- OCZ modstream 520 W PSU with a nice blue glow. - 108.99
- some nice add on speakers (Logitech Z-5500 5.1) -$ 219.99
For now I have my Maxtor 250 GB 16mb cache running and Iomega DVD RW/CD-RW DL
Things I'm going to buy SOON:
(I'll probably have to get a nice sound card down the road here: any top of line sweeeet ones for 5.1 systems?)
(Video card is coming after christmas, but here is my two selections: leaning more towards the GTX )
- eVGA Geforce 7800GT - $304.00
- eVGA Geforce 7800 GTX - $469.00
RAM! This has to be bought in the next 2 days and willing to under 200 $$ for GOOD 2 X 1 GB...The one i wanted is out of stock on newegg:
- OCZ Value series (2 X 1 GB - 2 GB) DDR2 667 PC2 5400 - $166.44
However...I think I found a better one??? I'm not sure if this is better or if it will work with my motherboard but here it is:
- OCZ Value PRO series 2 GB(2 X 1GB) DDR2 667 PC2 5400 w/ copper heat spreader - $169.00 on sale for $159.00. What exactly is a heat spreader and is it good that this one includes one because the other pair first mentioned doesnt. HOpefully this RAM is better and will work because its cheaper and I can order it NOW. Let me know thanks!