Gaming Rig 600$ - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-07-2006, 01:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 252
Default Gaming Rig 600$

Can you guys help me out by placeing links for building a gaming system for 600 $

SLI would be nice
conroe would be nice

I DO NOT NEED A VIDEOCARD OR ANY SYSTEM RAM

I only need computer parts, no keyboard, monitor, OS ect...


Thank you!
__________________

Rawmaterial is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 230
Default

No way you can build a gaming system with conroe for under $600, unless you've got components like DDR2 memory laying around, and are recycling parts such as CD, HD, video card, case, psu, etc. Boards alone range from $160 I think for the Intel one which isn't a good OC or can't OC at all, forget which, to $300 for good 975x boards.
__________________

__________________
C2D E6600 @ 3.15ghz w/ 1.35 vcore
Abit AW9D-MAX
Scythe Infinity
2GB G.Skill DDR2-800 (4-4-4-12)
XFX 7600GT xXx
Silverstone Tj-06
Drizo is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,992
Default

Your better off going AM2 as Conore motherboards and a conroe CPU is about 500 dollars right there, then your looking at A good PSU for about 120 bucks...



Nothing Wrong with AM2
__________________



May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars
Lord AnthraX is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord AnthraX
Your better off going AM2 as Conore motherboards and a conroe CPU is about 500 dollars right there, then your looking at A good PSU for about 120 bucks...



Nothing Wrong with AM2

i feel in the mood to dance now
__________________
Amd x2 5000+
9500gt PNY
2 gigs adata
Antec Earthwatts 480
zeppelinfan2009 is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 02:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Heres a list, didn't include an aftermarket heatsink though... but its a AM2 setup with a x2 3800+ that totals out at $615.94. Oh and didn't include a video card since you said you don't need it, but did include the ram since the board uses DDR2. Also use a PSU calculator, since I just guessed and picked a 500 watt PSU, should be enough, but make sure if you're placing orders.


Processor $153.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103735

Mobo $76.99 (uses DDR2 800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130050

Ram $161.99 (DDR2 800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231084

HD $79.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148144

CD/DVD burner $28.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152058

PSU $104.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817194003

Case $9.99 (Ultra Wizard case on sale at RadioShack.com)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2179652&cp

Total $615.94
__________________
C2D E6600 @ 3.15ghz w/ 1.35 vcore
Abit AW9D-MAX
Scythe Infinity
2GB G.Skill DDR2-800 (4-4-4-12)
XFX 7600GT xXx
Silverstone Tj-06
Drizo is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 02:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Future ex-member
 
lancec2c30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chehalis, WA
Posts: 4,012
Send a message via MSN to lancec2c30
Default

I say bump your budget to 5 grand and we can work with it a lil'

__________________

XP Pro | Vista Home Premium | Linux Ubuntu 7.10
s939 X2 3800 Toledo @ 2.6ghz | evga 7900gs | 320gig + 80gig wd | 1gb Ram | Abit KN8 SLI
3.1ghz achieved. :cool:
70K F@H member..............still waiting for the "iRACK"

Norcent will not be forgotten.

lancec2c30 is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 04:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
aliasaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,400
Default

he said he didn't need gpu or ram.. (now i'm confused since he asked for SLI.. i guess he means SLI supported mobo..)

so for $600 he wants:

cpu, mobo, HD, case, powersupply, optical..

small HD = $50, cheapest good-quality PSU $50, good case = $50, opticals = pretty cheap..


so in theory, he could have $450 for cpu and mobo.. and cheapest core 2 duo mobo out is around $100

so, he has $350 for a cpu.. WHICH MEANS CONROE IS POSSIBLE.

.... but i would just go AMD
__________________
"Is virtue a thing remote? I wish to be virtuous, and lo! Virtue is at hand." -Confucius
aliasaid is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by aliasaid
he said he didn't need gpu or ram.. (now i'm confused since he asked for SLI.. i guess he means SLI supported mobo..)

so for $600 he wants:

cpu, mobo, HD, case, powersupply, optical..

small HD = $50, cheapest good-quality PSU $50, good case = $50, opticals = pretty cheap..


so in theory, he could have $450 for cpu and mobo.. and cheapest core 2 duo mobo out is around $100

so, he has $350 for a cpu.. WHICH MEANS CONROE IS POSSIBLE.

.... but i would just go AMD
Exactly, I do not need RAM or a VIDEOCARD
Rawmaterial is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 252
Default

SLI mobo supported. Is what I was trying to say.
__________________
Rawmaterial is offline  
Old 08-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Drizo
Heres a list, didn't include an aftermarket heatsink though... but its a AM2 setup with a x2 3800+ that totals out at $615.94. Oh and didn't include a video card since you said you don't need it, but did include the ram since the board uses DDR2. Also use a PSU calculator, since I just guessed and picked a 500 watt PSU, should be enough, but make sure if you're placing orders.


Processor $153.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103735

Mobo $76.99 (uses DDR2 800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130050

Ram $161.99 (DDR2 800)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231084

HD $79.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822148144

CD/DVD burner $28.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827152058

PSU $104.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817194003

Case $9.99 (Ultra Wizard case on sale at RadioShack.com)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2179652&cp

Total $615.94
Dont need the RAM


Thanks for your input!
__________________

Rawmaterial is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.