G.Skill Ram Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybaines

Baseband Member
Ok so ive decided and think everyone will agree G.Skill ram is the way to go at the moment so im doing that but what im wondering about is which series to invest in due to timings and latency as i was told the lower the better.

I need to decide between the NQ series and PK series as these look the best but they have 5-5-5-15/5 CAS and 4-4-4-14/4 CAS respectively so it would suggest PK is better but how come the prices are so similar??

Any helped greatly appreciated.

You can never tell too much about how high the ram will overclock really.

From what I know all of the G.Skill DDR2 use proMOS chips but they are highly binned and quality tested.

The NQ from what I have heard are the cheapest and may not even overclock 1mhz depending on your Luck....however G.Skill makes all of their ram with Overclocking in mind unless it says Value on it so I Think they would hit 900mhz.

The PK I have never heard anything about becuase for about the same price the G.Skill NR Green model is awesome....just sick.

These are what I have and I bought my first stick at Christmas for $115 and my second gig a month ago for $100...they are now $85 a single gig lol....Anyway heh.

I have these sticks running at 4-4-4-10 920mhz right now for a total OC of 3.22ghz. I have tested them and I was able to hit DDR2-1130 5-5-5-15 timings with 2.15v on the ram. G.Skill ram is good for up to 2.3 at least so I bet If i did a volt mod I could make these puppies scream even more.

People Say I was just lucky with my ram but I beg to differ. I bought these sticks seperate. The chances of me getting one stick that I've seen hit DDR2-1190 and then a second one that does Dual Channel at DDR2-1130 on 2.15v...sounds standard. Most people hit above 1000mhz on these things easily.

The NQ probably would max out your OC but for the money I know that the NR are just SICK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom