fx 57 or x2 4800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
idiotec said:
I'd go dual core. You could get a 3700+ an OC to a FX-55 rather easily. You can't OC to 2 cores ;)
so you cant OC dual cores..why not?i know this might be stupid but i never knew that before..can you explain...thanks

PZEROFGH said:
that would cost you about 2k right there eithout a mobo lets do some estimates

2 7800GTX around 1200
x2 4800 around 800
thats 2k

and 2GB of ram around 300 dollars

so thats 2,300 dollars even without a mobo

lets see a mobo around 200 dollars
so thats 2,500 dollars
need a case, psu, dvd drives, hard drives

that comes to around 3k
need keyboard, mouse, speakers

need monitor
need some fans
with shipping aroud 4,000 dollars
i think i can buy a car with 4,000 dollars
between a car and that setup ill go with pc..screw the car
i rather have a kick ass computer than having a car.

lol, die of playing video games too much rather then dying of a car that breaks down in the middle of the highway

zenyora said:
so you cant OC dual cores..why not?i know this might be stupid but i never knew that before..can you explain...thanks
No, that is not what I was saying. What I was saying is it is easier to "recreate" the performance of an FX chip by simply OC'ing and that you cannot "recreate" the performance of a dual core chip with a single core chip by OC'ing. Does that make sense?

So yes, you CAN OC a dual core lol ;)

zenyora said:

i think he's saying you can't OC from single core to dual core. Like my plain P4 can't be OCed to Pentium D. Wish it could :p

i get it, you cant OC any single core chip to a dual core chip, but you can OC a single core chip to an FX chip. OHHHH

PZEROFGH said:
lol, die of playing video games too much rather then dying of a car that breaks down in the middle of the highway
dude although this have nothing to do with the thread but you say the funniest shit ever,anyway look at this setup
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard—ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
Memory: Corsair XMS Xpert DDR400
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX SLI
with everything ells it come up to like $6000 between that and a car ill go with this..

i just dont get why the fx 55 is so much better than the x2 4800. the 4800 has a newer core, the same 1 meg cache, and only like 200mhz slower, and you can oc that easy, which would make it just as fast, but 2 of them.And plus you can divote 1 core to the os and its processes, and 1 just to the game itself
The architechture and the processing is alot different in both of them. Teh FX series was MADE for gaming where as the 4800 is not.
x2 4800 around 800 so thats 2,500 dollars
need a case, psu, dvd drives, hard drives that comes to around 3k
1 where the hell is a 4800 thats 800$?
2 Where can you get HDs DVD drives a bad ass PSU to carry it and case for 500?

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core Processor Motherboard—ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Memory: Corsair XMS Xpert DDR400
So um your spending that kinda money on a bad ass system and your not getting quality shit? DFI Lanparty Ultra SLI-DR
2gig G.Skill LAs man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom