Ill try to make this short and simple. I picked up reading these forums, learning a bit more than what i did about computers. Im a online gamer/computer gaming. Originally i was lookin to buy a alienware or XPS, with a budget of around 2500 bucks, ya i know. Then i took a friends advice and turned to making one, after a month of researching, and tweaking this is the end result.
My original balance was 1500, i met it.
Case - Antec 900
Mobo - Giga AP45C DS3R ATX
OS - Vista Ultimate
CPU - E8400 Wolfdale
GPU - MSI HD 4870x2 Crossfire OC
RAM - 2x 2GB DDR3 Gskill 1600
PS - 750W CoolerMaster
With a LG 20x DVD/CD RW and Samsung 250BG 7200, being cooled with 3 120MM fans and a Zalman CPU 110MM Cooler.
1. This rig worth it for the money i shouted out for it?
2. What could change about this computer?
3. Is this computer future proof for a good while?
4. Should i have any problems with online gaming?
5. Ive heard, that duel GPU's is a waste unless you are using a 24inch screen or bigger? Im under the impression that the 4870x2 is 2 gpus on a single card? so is it a waste to go that big if i plan on using a 20inch screen, or should i get a bigger screen to utilize its potential?
6. What resolution should i run this on?
7. I used brands i heard the best results about. Only concerns are Gigabyte and MSI? Are they decent?
Sorry this is long, i just feel, after i ordered from Newegg that i maybe could of toned down the price a bit more, going with DDR2 ram and a not so powerful GPU.
Thank you for your time and help.