So for the last 2-3 hours or so I've been through complete HE*L because of a leaky fitting on my radiator. No matter how tight I made it, I could NOT get it to seal up. EVERYTHING got wet, from the video card to most of the mobo, it all get sprayed.
BUT! It was so D*mn worth it! This baby is beautiful.
EDIT: To clarify, I'm using a distilled water mixture which is non-conductive for the voltage that the PC runs on. Also, total work time was about 12 hours (that includes painting/drying between coats).
List of changes:
- Installed brand new custom water cooling kit!
- Painted case mirror black
- Installed OCZ Memory Cooler Properly (had to mod it for a secure fit, also so it wouldn't short out my 8800GTX)
- Drilled holes for cable management
- RE-Installed Water cooling system due to faulty parts ><
- Ran to the store for some distilled water thanks to leaky parts spraying half my coolant everywhere... heh
I'm happy now though, this thing is a total beauty. The rad is hooked up to 4 fans (2 on each side) which is creating a super fast flow of air through the case.. sweeeet. Anyways, ON WITH THE PICS!
Here's Everything laid out, accept for the pump which is in my hand, forgot to set it down for the pic XD
Mmmm, black beauty! This case looks so slick in black, but even better in person IMHO.
The back, which holes cut for various cables to be hidden behind the mobo instead of all over in front of it :-P
Mmm, beautiful 240MM Quad fan radiator. Double pass, high flow work of art she is ^^
'ere she is, with no liquid yet. (Second time around, after fixing faulty fittings)
Liquid added, wires and cables moved out of the way for the most part....
Here's a peak at the radiator hiding out in 6 of my drive bays. (The fitting on the left is the leaky one, I'll tell how I fixed it later on). BTW Those fans are ON! My camera has amazing stabilizing power.
Here she stands! I think it's amazing that all those fans are running at thousands of RPMs and my cam pics it up perfectly and clearly :-P
Well, there you have it! I managed to fix the leakey fitting by removing the O-Ring, and placing painters tape (a thick smooth tape) over the threads which provided a perfect seal. Currently idles at 29*C with ambient temps being 29*C! This isn;t much for cable managment since I was so sick and tired of it all by the time I finnaly managed to fix that dang leak and get everything set up properly that I was just not in the mood to make it perfect. Oh, the rad is mounted with 3M Velcro (adhesive on one side) in case you were wondering :-P
I'll edit in load temps and I'll get it overclocked as far as I con go and post results later.
EDIT: WOW! Been running Orthos for about a half an hour now, and temps are moving between 32 and 33*C. My load is 4 degrees higher than my idle, both low numbers :-P This baby will over clock very nicely!