Well I am looking to build a desktop computer because I would like to have for when it is no longer worth repairing my laptop (might be before December).
I will be using my computer for school and some gaming purposes, but after several hours of research the amount of available parts to design and build a computer is just overwhelming.
I just happened to find this amazing sight and I figured if I am going to get any help it will be from here.
I need the computer to run at least windows vista, but preferably windows 7, and I will be using Microsoft office 2010 (I plan on getting the professional academic version).
I also wanted something that will be able to support starcraft 2.
As for a monitor I was hoping to save money by just using the HDTV I got for my birthday 2 weeks ago so I probably need to get a VGA/audio cable (I know there are other ways to connect it but I don’t know those ways so any suggestion are gladly accepted).
As for a budget I don’t want this to be that expensive, most likely in the $500-700 range if possible.
Requirements for SC2:
PC Minimum System Requirements*:
• Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
• 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
• 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
• 12 GB available HD space
• 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
• DVD-ROM drive
• Broadband Internet connection
• 1024X720 minimum display resolution
PC Recommended Specifications:
• Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
• Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
• 2 GB RAM
• 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better
Monitor: Amazon.com: Coby TFTV2617 26-Inch Widescreen LCD HDTV/Monitor with…
Operating System: Windows Vista or Windows 7 (looking for a cheap version of windows 7, but the student discount is only an upgrade, anyone know if there are any other discounts)