Buying a new Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_Anderson

Beta member
Alright, so i built a new computer over christmas, its a beast, but i didnt upgrade my monitor. it is a 5yr old 19 inch HP LCD monitor with a max resolution of 1440x900. Im thinking of upgrading it but i have a few questions.

This is the monitor im thinking of getting. Newegg.com - Acer S211HLbd 21.5'' 5ms LED-Backlight LCD Monitor Slim Design 250 cd/m2 12,000,000:1 (ACM) Is it an alright monitor? also, would i be able to notice a HUGE difference between my old monitor and this one? because if its gonna be unnoticable, ill just stick with my old LCD.

another question. There is another monitor on sale, it is 20$ more than the ACER one previously linked. Here is the link to the more expensive monitor Newegg.com - LG W2253VP-PF Glossy Black 21.5" 5ms Full HD HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 70000:1(1000:1)

My other question is, would this monitor be worth the 20 extra $$?

The link below goes to LED Backlit monitors. They are the best. Instead of lights on the edges, the lights are behind the entire display, giving you the best picture.

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Monitors,LCD Monitors,Yes

Also, since you said this build is new...I'm assuming you have an HDMI port? In which case the Acer you pointed out wouldn't be helpful to you; you'd have to use DVI. I prefer LG monitors - they look the best to me, but they are also the most expensive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom