Build a New Comp and Have a Question - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Build a New Comp and Have a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
make assumptions as to what info OP wants/needs, because you'll realize that he (at this point in time) is not having any issues and just simply asking about swapping his HDD over to a new set of hardware (you'll also see that he never stated anything about what if he gets a BSOD during install):
#1Don't ever put words into my mouth that I never said.

#2 stop assuming you think I don't know how to read or know what I'm talking about.
I read the whole thread all the way through.
He asked about a possible bsod error since you or cory never really explained that part I gave him some info in case things went bad.

#3 Don't lie against me, the second time I'll say this outside of a pm and it will be the last time.

-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lady Techie

I happened to actually read this, so I'll give my input.

#1 Carnage did not mention or quote anything you said, or even "You said xyz", so I don't understand your objection here since there weren't any words for him to put in your mouth.

#2 You are (presumably) more than capable of reading and are at least fairly technically competent. The only issue is that you answered OP as if that was his issue, which it wasn't. Telling OP to check the STOP code is odd advice when the OP has not experienced any BSODs. While it was relevant...ish information, you didn't frame it as such.

#3 I don't understand where the lie here is. All that Carnage said was essentially "OP said this, not this" and backed it up with a bolded quote. Falsity isn't really an issue here, since it's fact.

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
I happened to actually read this, so I'll give my input.

#1 Carnage did not mention or quote anything you said, or even "You said xyz", so I don't understand your objection here since there weren't any words for him to put in your mouth.

#2 You are (presumably) more than capable of reading and are at least fairly technically competent. The only issue is that you answered OP as if that was his issue, which it wasn't. Telling OP to check the STOP code is odd advice when the OP has not experienced any BSODs. While it was relevant...ish information, you didn't frame it as such.

#3 I don't understand where the lie here is. All that Carnage said was essentially "OP said this, not this" and backed it up with a bolded quote. Falsity isn't really an issue here, since it's fact.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTech View Post
#1Don't ever put words into my mouth that I never said.

#2 stop assuming you think I don't know how to read or know what I'm talking about.
I read the whole thread all the way through.
He asked about a possible bsod error since you or cory never really explained that part I gave him some info in case things went bad.

#3 Don't lie against me, the second time I'll say this outside of a pm and it will be the last time.
Like Yami said, not sure why you're getting up in arms because I was simply stating facts.

#1: Never put words in your mouth; you assumed he was getting a BSOD and that OP was talking about a bad HDD (according to your initial post). I was simply letting you know that wasn't his issue, and that OP was only talking about switching HDD over to new hardware.

#2: See #1. OP was switching HDD's over to COMPLETELY NEW HARDWARE. If he gets a BSOD - he has to reinstall (which PP stated and I backed up his statement, and both of us gave solutions to the issue).

#3: Lolwut? Not lying against you bro..not sure where you're coming from with that at all. I would prefer you PM me rather than lash out in public threads where it just clogs up the thread and makes it harder for people to get support. I couldn't give 2 ****s if you have some personal vendetta against me (because you obviously do); just take it to PM next time or report my post(s) and let Soul, iFargle, kmote, Trotter, or whoever look at it. There's a reason for the report post button, after all.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help me