avast! Home Edition....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
What does everyone who has this software installed in their computer think about it? I just installed it and it seems like its running pretty smooth except when i start my pc up, it takes like 5 seconds longer to load everything after I entered in my password.

It loads everything slower than it did before, before it only took like 1 second to load my desktop without avast but now with it, it takes longer.

Surfing the web too takes like a millisecond longer. I can notice it a bit. I think it scans anything i receive first before it opens it thats why it takes longer. is it?

Is this Anti Virus software any good? Its for free and not sure if free = good.

Avast is a popular free antivirus software. So is AVG and Kaspersky.

lol...Would you stop worrying about the computer taking 5 seconds longer to load, or a millisecond more, to load websites. I guess that Raptor isn't doing it's job. I mean, what does a few seconds hurt?

Avast is great, the reason it takes 5 seconds longer to load windows is because it is loading avast. IMO just stick with it..

And why is this in the hardware section?????

Hehe lolz. I was just wondering. I havent used an Anti Virus software with this computer since I built it since not a lot of the software support 64 bit but apparently this one does. :D

But I guess its worth the sacrifice to be more secure right? LOL, I just scanned my computer three times with Avast and didnt find anything malicious. I scanned using Windows Defender too and nothing.

Had this computer for more than say.... 6 months without an antivirus and still didnt get infected with a single one. Its either luck or safe web browsing.

A firewall helps a lot too. I don't run avast at startup. Just zone alarm. But the web and mail scanner run as backround process's.

Is about what sites you visits or if you download lots of things, but even if you don't do both things mentioned before is good to have a program to scan your PC from time to time.

Avast is good, I've trialed many AV apps and tried AVG, Avast, and Antivir. Avast and Antivir both seem to have really good detection rates.

AVG is hard to beat for me since you can strip it down and since it only needs 1 service to work properly it has no performance impact. I realize it doesn't have to best detection though so I scan with it every week or two and use an online scanner like kaspersky or panda every month or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom