AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm, perhaps IF I get my bonus come april next year, a Phenom may be in my future..... that will suck though, another 6 months without a gaming rig.... :(

its just a preferrence. like buying a green car instead of a blue one, really IMO.

I think I have a better one......
Lambo Gallardo vs my Scion xB.... yeah, the Lambo is faster, but at 65mph, it doesn't matter, unless I live in Germany near the Autobahn. Ok, maybe it's a bad comparison... sounded better in my head when I started typing this.... going back into my cave now.

i thought these things had more than a 4mb cache...

if they are charging those prices, i hope they are better than those crysis frame rates.

hello??? Gurusan u r missing a big point to y Phenom sucked in the last questionable benchmark.

Phenom was running on AM2 mobos, not AM2+ mobos (RD790). The Phenoms were not recieving over 3GHz but 2GHz, so the AM2 mobo was choking the Phenoms performance making it LOOK like it performed worse then the Q6600!!

hello??? Gurusan u r missing a big point to y Phenom sucked in the last questionable benchmark.

Phenom was running on AM2 mobos, not AM2+ mobos (RD790). The Phenoms were not recieving over 3GHz but 2GHz, so the AM2 mobo was choking the Phenoms performance making it LOOK like it performed worse then the Q6600!!
plus the 375MHZ RAM at 5-5-7-18-2T, that's going to choke them

I said all benchmarks we've seen so far are questionable at best...btw there are no phenoms at 3ghz at the moment...and it was compared to a q6600 downclocked to 2ghz.

We shall see on release...but so far from what we've seen phenom is not going to put any competition up against intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom