AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: AMD Phenom X4 CPU Prices Emerge

Well i just bought my 2nd intel board in a 3 month span, so i know i wont be buying a phenom

Old 11-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
krazy Techie

well when I was the amd power together tour...i asked whats so special about your phenoms...i said how does it compete with the current quads right now and the new ones coming out in jan.
Hes like, all intel does is make the dye's ssmaller which does nothing...he said that the amd prices are lower and better.....in my mind im like , yeah whatever

Especially after seeing the prices...it does look cheaper to me.

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung Note 8
2TB White PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Smaller die size = more transisters per die
Smaller die size = cheaper to produce
Smaller die size = less heat production
Smaller die size = lower power consumption
Smaller die size = higher yield per wafer

Yep, no reason to make the die smaller.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #34 (permalink)
Camera junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathawk View Post
Amd gt player, you should really stop pulling stuff out of your you know what.

For the sake of this thread.

Does not look good for AMD. Neither does the RV670, but we'll see.. :\
i didnt pull anything out of my *** i said im sure, which means its my opinion, which isnt fact, i never claimed anything i said as fact have i, but what i don kno which is fact is the phenm is a single die quad core, which the current q6 arent, look at the perfomence diference between the pentium d and the x2, the x2 was one die the pentium d was two. second there inscreasing there hyper transport, and there getting maximum bandwith out iof ddr2 memory which intel has yet to do. if you look it up youl find out that these last statements are fact, which in my opinion would give reason for a 10% performence increase over current gen quad cores.

i also dont give a **** about ati, for that matter there cards blow, on paper should be beter but with the lack of good drivers they dont. and for a launch price of below 300$ for the top of the line chip it isnt bad considering the e6700 and e6600 where about400 to 700$ on release, and the q6600 was about 700.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/poizen22/
intel Core I7 8700k@ 5.0ghz-Nvidia GTX1080 ti ftw3-Aorus 5 z370 mobo-16gb ddr4 G-Skill trident Z rgb 3000mhz - 1tb samsung 960 pro, 2tb wd blue- thermaltake rgb 750w gold-Phanteks pro M TG- Samsung CHG70 1440p 144hz 32 inch QLED.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
...also I'm willing to bet Phenoms will just match current 65nm quads
i agree. i will be stepping into one from a 3600...a tremendous upgrade for me. its all in perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathawk View Post

Does not look good for AMD
realize that the enthusiast market is a miniscule part of the users AMD caters
to. Intel can overrun the market with enthusiast chips(which it has)...AMD's not gonna like tank under because of it. they have a large enough share of the server hardware market and low budget desktops to keep churnin em out. things may look bad from the enthusiasts standpoint...but thats about it. i think they sunk A LOT of money into R&D on phenom...and that is going to taper off as the process is perfected. you guys of all people should realize the marvel of technology (in itself...im not talking about benchmarks or which is faster) that these new chips are.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
Lord Techie

I dont care who's winning as long as both players keep the game going. Fanboism is bad for the industry in general. I just want AMD to get their act together and get something out there to keep the Intel prices down.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

It'll probably overclock decently... hopefully u already have a good cooler.....

EDIT: ya u do.. Zalman CNPS-9500 right?
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 11-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #38 (permalink)
Camera junky

im no fan boy, i was goign to buy a q6600 but i didnt have the money and amd was the cheaper alternative, i lookedup both the penryn and the phenom and the phenom seemed more apealing, so i will be able to buy a new rig sooner, andupgrade to a beter proc for just half of a paycheck.
and im posting in this thread quite a bit because its the only one remotly interesting right now, and that is active.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/poizen22/
intel Core I7 8700k@ 5.0ghz-Nvidia GTX1080 ti ftw3-Aorus 5 z370 mobo-16gb ddr4 G-Skill trident Z rgb 3000mhz - 1tb samsung 960 pro, 2tb wd blue- thermaltake rgb 750w gold-Phanteks pro M TG- Samsung CHG70 1440p 144hz 32 inch QLED.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #39 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
It'll probably overclock decently... hopefully u already have a good cooler.....

EDIT: ya u do.. Zalman CNPS-9500 right?
yep sho nuff. how do you remember all this stuff?
i'm a fanboy, no doubt. its in my nature. i would buy intel if it performed waaaaaaaaay better and cost around the same.
no way i would buy it if it was a close race. its just a preferrence. like buying a green car instead of a blue one, really IMO. certainly after the release of these quads. which, as GT says...are being introduced at extremely low cost compared to intels quads when they came out.
i think they'll be on par with each other, performance-wise. we'll see. i may be the first to know on TF lol.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasama View Post
yep sho nuff. how do you remember all this stuff?
i'm a fanboy, no doubt. its in my nature. i would buy intel if it performed waaaaaaaaay better and cost around the same.
no way i would buy it if it was a close race. its just a preferrence. like buying a green car instead of a blue one, really IMO. certainly after the release of these quads. which, as GT says...are being introduced at extremely low cost compared to intels quads when they came out.
i think they'll be on par with each other, performance-wise. we'll see. i may be the first to know on tech forums lol.
i remember asking your specs when i wanted to build clone.. haha.. but i got an AF64 back then..

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Closed Thread