AMD Board Approves Acquisition of ATI, Banker Confirm - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Yoad
Dailytech are known to publish articles that no one else is willing to, sometimes because they\\\'r either based on rumours or speculations.... they just dont care to release an article a week later saying it was actually wrong [if they fell on the bad side and was mistaken]

I Wouldn\\\'t base on dailytech alone, although being one of the best tech news site, they are dont mind to release articles and news that were based on rumours {Not saying that ALL of their news/ articles are though, but some indeed are.}

Once I see more sources coming up with that news, THEN i\\\'ll beleive in it

-Jo
Thats The Inquirer. Dailytech is part of Anandtech, and only reports definite things.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Jumping_Bean514

This is old news, there’s been talk of it for awhile now. I’m surprised more people didn’t know about it.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I love all the AMD advocates, everytime they hear something new about AMD, AMD is gonna kick the s*** outta intel now, YIPEE!! About something like, AMD is gonna have 4 cores here pretty soon, when Intel has them on the line as well which keeps them right where they are at. Like someone said, if they get a new architecture...maybe, so dont get all jumpy when AMD TRIES to make a move. The fact of the matter is, AMD is in trouble... they need to do something big ASAP.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jumping_Bean514
This is old news, there’s been talk of it for awhile now. I’m surprised more people didn’t know about it.
Its never been more than a rumor at best, with both companies denying it in the past. This is a new development.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
True Techie

Everyone's merging or buying each other. I'm not surprised. Like AOL and TimeWarner, as well as SBC and AT&T. We're moving towards an evential world monopoly, folks. After Microsoft and Halliburton set records, the rest couldn't restrain themselves.

^ That may be satirical or whatever, but it's at least partly true.
Dell 1800FP
GeForce FX 5200
CD Burner and CD Reader!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to Tox1cThreat

Yea, this has been around for a while.. the article that I had read some time ago was that ATi has great product ideas and inginuity(sp? ) but they dont know how to turn that around and make somethign out of it.. AMD has been doing a great job of turining idas into great products, so it makes sense..

If it happens, It will be great to see what they come up with in a couple years. especially when people start to upgrade from Conroe purchaces.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
True Techie

It's a done deal. Very good news I feel.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/V...110899,00.html
Old 07-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Techie

Good...and eventually, when AMD takes the crown back, I have a feeling their partner won't be far behind.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Honestly, i think Intel kinda has AMD close to the guillotine, theyve broken through with new technology, and unless AMD can find away to just AHEAD, which is the key in this situation, they are **** close to forever 2nd place IMHO.

Closed Thread