AGP 6600GT Worth upgrading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yadgadge

Baseband Member
I've been looking into getting a new Graphics card to replace my Leadtek 6600GT with possibly a ATI Radeon X1650 Pro. I'm mostly concerned with how well the new upcoming MMORPG's will run, after trying out the Vanguard beta and having to run the graphics settings at their lowest possible (making the landscape look like EQ1) I feel like I'll need to upgrade.

Would it be worth the upgrade? Would I see a major change in performance? Would my Processor bottleneck the new card (in sig)? Or should I just wait and save up to buy a whole new PC (which I don't really like the idea of when my current PC is still in working order)?

I'm looking for a card around the $100 - $150 price tag I guess.. I'd also get another 1gig of RAM as I know that would help alot.

I plan to play Pirates of the Burning Sea, and possibly Age of Conan or Warhammer Online when they come out.

Thanks for the Help!

can you not use your current as a 2nd pc, or hock it to a buddy or somethin? Personally id just cut my losses and go new, cause AGP isnt gonna do you any favours whatsoever. You could even plan it out so you could use some of your existing parts (dvd, hard drives, case) etc, so you're not paying for a totally fresh system.

yep, buy a new mobo, and remove the old one and if ur current hard drive is sata throw that in!! just recycle ur parts!! or if u can't decide between agp or pci-e then go with an ASrock that supports both pci-e and agp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom