8600GT good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Along with Call of Duty 4, it is one of the most scalable and fast running gameing engines i have ever used, you can play UT3 ABOVE MINIMUM ona 9600XT and 2600+, i tried it with my sisters pc, she got 27fps average just above minimum, i mean that is incredible with how good this engine looks, i turned it to as low as it would go just to see what it looked like, and somehow it looked far from bad, yet played at ridiculously good framerates. 8600GT will be fine, anyway this game is so fast paced you won't notice the difference between low and high :D

so gurusan, since u used an 8500gt and it worked great, would this mean that if i used an 8600gt the game would run as well or better?

also, would this: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100208L Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
or if i can save up some more, this: Newegg.com - MSI RX2600XT Diamond Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR4 PCI Express x16 OC Edition HDMI HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
be better, and be useful for more time with even more demanding games in the future?

so gurusan, since u used an 8500gt and it worked great, would this mean that if i used an 8600gt the game would run as well or better?

also, would this: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100208L Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
or if i can save up some more, this: Newegg.com - MSI RX2600XT Diamond Radeon HD 2600XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR4 PCI Express x16 OC Edition HDMI HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
be better, and be useful for more time with even more demanding games in the future?

well the 2600xt is gonna suck at DX10 gaming.... heck it doesn't do greet in the demanding games out now...

hmm I just played the UT3 demo last night on my temporary 8500GT and got like 5fps. But today I realized I forgot I had the nvidia driver slider to Quality from my 8800GTS....

I'll try it on my 8500GT now that its set to performance. BTW this card overclocks like crazy... 74% overclock! lol!

You ever run 3dmark05 or 3dmark06 on that?

lol, in the past 2 days my opinions have gone from "the 8600gt is the best for ut3 that i can afford" to "wow, there are a ton of better cards at the same price", to "never mind, the 8600 is the best"

hm... i am thinking it is going to run ut3 great because gurusan ran it on his 8500gt and it got 40-50 fps, and another thing is when unreal starts up, one of the into screens is the "made for Nvidia" screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom