what will happen if i insert my pentium 4 3.06ghz processor without thermalcompund

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: what will happen if i insert my pentium 4 3.06ghz processor without thermalcompun

Opening 10 applications is not load. Intel Burn In / Prime95 etc is considered load.

Do it and then we will see.

I don't believe I ever claimed it to be load. I don't believe those apps have linux versions, though, so I can't run them as benchmarks. I have had the cpu under considerible stress before, though, running multiple gcc and g++ compilers and the temperatures were still low and well within acceptable margins.

There's nothing wrong with the intel cooler I have. Maybe some stock coolers are crap, but this one works well enough for my needs, and I wouldn't consider it worth it to spend the extra money on new paste/cooler.

Re: what will happen if i insert my pentium 4 3.06ghz processor without thermalcompun

I don't believe I ever claimed it to be load. I don't believe those apps have linux versions, though, so I can't run them as benchmarks. I have had the cpu under considerible stress before, though, running multiple gcc and g++ compilers and the temperatures were still low and well within acceptable margins.

There's nothing wrong with the intel cooler I have. Maybe some stock coolers are crap, but this one works well enough for my needs, and I wouldn't consider it worth it to spend the extra money on new paste/cooler.

Well to be 100% fair i never said that you said it was load, i merely stated that it wasnt. But i agree that compiling is rather intensive so i guess a reading from that would be considered at least halfway accurate.

But anyway, if your not OC'ing then the stock cooler is fine as you have stated, otherwise Intel/AMD wouldnt ship chips outs with them.

Sorry but a lot of low wattage processors need it, but you don't absolutly have to have it, it is meant to fill in microscopic cracks in the two metals and help heat transfer, but the transfer rate will only go up so much, but with some processors, ones with a DIE exposed or a high temp one, I would use thermal paste.

You should go to you tube and type in Processor with no heat sink because you will get a laugh at frying processer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom