Beta member
Hi everyone i was wondering if i could get a little help i currently have

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. CUV4X-E REV 1.xx
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
800 megahertz Intel Celeron
with 512 M ram
NVIDIA GeForce 256 32M
Creative SB Live! Value

Aside from the obvious need to upgrade the video card i would like to upgrade the chip as well i dont know anything about ocing so im kinda staying away from it i just cant seem to find the information on the max chip size can anyone help me out here.

I also noticed when i was in the bios that i can set my cpu speed to manual and change freq settings as long as im in jumper free mode but none of this means much to mean ie how high can i go without frying my board and chip

first, read the overclocking sticky in the overclocking forum. It's not exactly your processor, but it gives you an idea of HOW to overclock. At best, you could get it to 1ghz me thinks...

I'm looking up your board here, and you're allowed up to 1.5 gb of ram. I think that would be too much for your processing capabilities, but 1gb might end up being about right.

You can upgrade your processor to a P3 instead of a celeron if you wanted. I know they made the P3's a little over 1ghz, so it might be an option. I know a 1.3ghz celeron exists. My friend has one in his brand new laptop.

You have a 4x AGP slot, so I'm going to recommend maybe going with an FX5500.

evga fx5500 128mb
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130207

That's about all the juice you can suck out of your setup! I hope things go well.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom