Video card install help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbernie41

In Runtime
I just got a video card (eVga FX5200 PCI) and Im trying to install into my system. My problem is that when I put the card in my system wont boot up. The little fan on the video card will spin so I know its not completely dead. I just got a new power supply so I know power is not my issue. I am currently using on board video. My friend said that I should go into BIOS and change my video input from onboard to PCI. I havent gone into BIOS yet so I am not sure if I could even do this. Then also if I would switch my video to PCI and the card still doesnt work... I dont know if I would be able to get back into BIOS and switch it.

Basically I just need some help on what to do here. I have installed DVD burners, hard drives, sound cards, TV tuners and all kinds of other things but never a video card.

pull the card out and restart. go into the bios and either disable the onboard or switch it to PCI first. then restart. once it's loaded. Shut down and re-install the card. you should be good after that. if for some reason you can't see the screen and you want to switch it back... Pull the battery from the mobo for about 5 minutes with no power plugged in and CMOS will reset itself back to factory specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom