Utilize full power of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockheart

Beta member
I have a dell laptop with 2 ram slots of 1GB that accounts for a total of 2GB of ram. I am using Windows Vista. The problem is while playing most of the games the laptop will use only one slot of ram and the game will be using maximum upto 600-700mb of ram and will work slowly. The rest of the ram from the primary slot will be used by windows files. Thus the total ram used will be only 1GB, while the other 1GB remains unused.

The other ram in secondary slot is perfectly working the system properties is showing 2GB of memory. However I tried to interchange the ram slots but that was not useful.

How to utilize the other ram slot so that the game works fine and perfectly.

You're not simply seeing one dimm used while the other sits idle. Since having two dimms installed a dimm in each slot the board is then working in the dual channel mode with a degree of ram used from each collectively by Windows.

Tweaking Windows by disabling the aero style themes, User Account Control, and any unnecessary startup items in the msconfig utility will see less memory used by things running in the background while already seeing 1gb unused out of a 2gb total is generally considered very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom