Upgrading Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Life-Water

Beta member
Hi, first of all I know it's not the best to start a fourm with a help topic. Seckond I never write theese. Third I'm just a gamer, thats all i do is game I have no real knowlege of a computer other than what you might run into with games. One last thing I'm 17 and my grammer/spelling will probably get worse from all this typing so please bear with me.

I'm not sure if I should say the story or get staight to the point so if your intrested in the story here it is. If not scroll down/look down below the lines.

I was working for a neibor (can't spell that :( ) putting up a fence/building a house. The agreement was I was to get a computer. After the work was done, the man's father said "That computer is worth $2,000 and he only did a weeks worth of work!" So bacasally i got ripped off and didn't get anything. But i happened to have saved $200 so I bought a 100$ computer from the newspapper and a ~$70 wireless adpator. So I only have ~$35 left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is i have a SiS 6326 graphic card, It is uncapable of playing anything :umm: . So my friend gave me his old Radeon 9200se Graphic card, but the problem is everytime i go to launch a game the moniter stops responding and i have to restart the computer.
Also it would shut off and come back on and give me error reports and all kinds of things. So I went back to the SiS. It had less problems.
Now I'm getting frustrated, I can't play any games besides good old D2 (diablo 2) and even that laggs. (my connection is 54 mbs verry good, wireless) I can't watch videos and i feel like the computer is worthless.

Summery: I have $35 dollars to fix my comuter to play games like Soldier Front, Counter Strike Sorce, and so on.

Here is my system info:
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name Admin-055353841
System Model Not Available
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 2 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~638 Mhz
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Name C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512(xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name Admin-055353841\ADMIN
Time Zone Central Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 256.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 56.21 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 616.94 MB
Page File C:\pagefyle.sys

40 GB Hard Drive :(
Edit-
It also has a Old CRT Computer Monitor. (if that has to do with anything)

Well I played SF, you need at least 512mb RAM otherwise the people in game will say your "tapping" or "noob lagger"

Thing is though.. that your rig is wayyy outdated.... $35 would probably get you nothing since you'd have to get really old RAM.. which would cost a whole bunch..

$35 probably won't get a decent AGP Card either unfortunately.. my recommendation is to save up some more

With like $100 you could probably buy a older Pentium 4 Rig of eBay that could run SF pretty easily (its not that demanding.. I remember maxing it out @ 1440x900 with a 9250.. but I used to turn it all off and play it on low because people would say "hacker, lagger, pre-shooter" etc

So with that, should I sell the computer? Or TRY to sell it? Or would that just be harsh to the next guy. Is the Radion 9200se worth anything? (and i can't use Ebay, I say "can't" so easily, never tryed it. Never had money in a PayPal account)

-Edit
I'd like to throw in that the responce time was amazing it makes me want to remain on theese fourms.

-Seckond Edit
I wish I wasn't poor.

I don't think selling it is worth the hassle online.. maybe if you check your local shop, they might buy for like $50 or something... (like a custom builder..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom