Diverse

Beta member
Ok

I bought a Dell XPS410 at the end of 2006

Specs were:C2D E6300
GeForce 7300LE 512MB
1 GB Kingston 5300
350W PSU
Idk MOBO never checked, am on vacation so I cant check.

Recently I bought a 8800GTX 768MB and a OCZ600W supply and 2GB OCZ ram and I was just wondering, for any one who has seen a Dell XPS 410, do you think all this will fit? And also does anyone have any idea as to how much cooling I would need?

From what I can see in Dell's online manuals, the card should fit. The manuals doesn't show anything across from the card to obstruct it.

The power supply looks to be an off-the-shelf one, so it should swap out with no problems.

You have four memory slots, so you will no problems there.

From what I can see in Dell's online manuals, the card should fit. The manuals doesn't show anything across from the card to obstruct it.

The power supply looks to be an off-the-shelf one, so it should swap out with no problems.

You have four memory slots, so you will no problems there.

Thx a lot, made my day, but I would like to ask would I need any extra cooling at all?

As long as the card exhausts outside the case (the cooler blows it through to the outside), you should be good. If it would fit, you could consider putting an intake fan inside the front of your case. You're computer uses a BTX board and form factor, putting most of your components toward the top and front of the case. A fan mounted directly across from the card would help feed it cooler exterior air. I just don't know it your case is set up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom