Processor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayare012

In Runtime
Ok... When i goto start and right click my computer and goto properties it shows that i have an AMD Athalon 64 Processor 4000+ 2.39 ghz. Rite now. Sometimes when i do that it shows that i have a 4000+ 900ish ghz processor. Does anyone have any ideas why. Also when i was installing AOE 3 it said that my processor was under the system reqs which are i believe 1.6ghz. But thta cant be rite? Also when i install Prince of Persia 3 it shows that i only have 1ghz processor. Well anyways if someone knows a reason/solution to this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

are u using amd cool n quiet technology? if u installed the driver for it, and have amd 64 processor (you do) then its working as it should, it reduces the clock speed of the processor when idle to the low speeds ur seeing to lower power usage and to lower heat output. when under any load at all, it should quickly jump back up to the normal clock speed.

ok so i have no problems then? I havent overclocked it or anything cuz i just got it and its an hp. Not sure if you can overclock prebuilt comps. I dont know about the cool + Quiet thing because i have hardly done anything to the computer just got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom