New PREbuilt PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
Grandparents are needing a new computer, and usually when they get a new computer, my grandfather builds it himself. Lately his health hasn't been the greatest. Because of his health, he doesn't want to build one. He'd rather get something that my grandmother can take out of the box, and set up herself. They do a lot of multitasking, but I'm not sure if they do it enough to justify a quad core, so a triple core will definitely be considered. They do want something that they can replace their DVD/BluRay players, so something with a decent graphics card, or onboard, and HDMI. They do a lot of video converting, and photo editing, and that's about it, other than normal web browsing. I've priced a few different builds that I could complete and ship to them, but after shipping costs, it would defeat the purpose.

Not over $800, preferred. Form factor doesn't matter at all. Of course, a smaller price tag would be appreciated, as they are on a fixed income, but they will go up to $800.

I would go to HP's site and customize one if I were you, just to make sure you get all the options you need. It's tough to find HDMI in a prebuilt still.

Why can't you build/install everything yourself? It would be a much better option than getting a pre-built. I'm sure they wouldn't be averse to saving money. Even if it was the same cost after shipping, they'd be getting a better built machine.

If you build it yourself, I would go with a Phenom II x3 710 build with a Biostar TA790GX 128M. It has onboard HDMI, as well as having an onboard 3300 GPU, which handles a decent bit of stuff. I would say it's on par to an 8500/9500GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom